Who are we?
At Nosto, we’re on a mission to make every impression relevant. We’re a global leader in the booming e-commerce space and work with amazing customers like Billabong, Nintendo, Patagonia, Dermalogica and LUSH. We are processing data for thousands of merchants with tens of millions of visitors on their sites on a daily basis.
Utilizing behavioral data, deep integrations, machine-learning technology, and automated workflows, the Nosto Commerce Experience Platform makes it easy for brands and retailers to quickly deploy fully personalized commerce experiences at scale. As a Head of Search Engineering at Nosto, you’ll be solving one of the biggest challenges brands and retailers face today: How to offer customers relevant and authentic shopping experiences that drive results. We believe in always listening to our customers and achieving big things by accomplishing something small every day.
About the opportunity
As Head of Search Engineering, you will be leading our Nosto Search technology to be the best-in-class solution for our e-commerce customers. You are expected to continuously strive to make it scalable, cost-efficient, and performant in terms of quality of results and low latency. We are introducing the latest innovations (e.g. vector search) to make sure that we give the best service to our customers and win the markets over our competition.
To achieve this, you will be leading a skilled team of software engineers located in Kaunas and in Salzburg. You will also be working closely with our product managers, principal engineers, development teams, and with our SRE and AI teams to align the product, security and technical requirements and planning with the team on executing them.
At Nosto we believe in working together to reach a common vision. We're a team of talented & earnest professionals and we love a good challenge, but more importantly, we also love to have fun while doing it. We proudly foster a positive, diverse and supportive culture. One of the things we constantly get positive feedback from is a really good work-life balance at Nosto, be it for family matters or your personal interests.
What you will be doing
- Line manager for a team of software engineers
- Hands-on development together with the team
- Providing technical leadership and guidance for the team
- Work with the team to keep the architecture of our Search application healthy and future-proof
- Together with stakeholders and the team, manage short and long term planning to align with the product vision and data architecture
What we expect
- Good leadership and organizational abilities or strong potential in them.
- 6+ years of experience in hands-on development with senior-level competence in at least one programming language.
- Excellent understanding of cloud-based infrastructure and the modern technology landscape.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
What we appreciate
- Experience in Scala or a functional programming language
- Experience operating a platform or an application (e.g., observability, budget & resource optimization, incident response, managing support)
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud providers
- Knowledge in React, Vue or other front end technologies
- Knowledge in ElasticSearch or other similar technology
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field.
What we offer
- Ergonomic and centrally located offices with flexible working hours and remote working options
- Opportunities to meet and collaborate with awesome team members from all over the world
- A training allowance that offers 5 days paid study leave and a 1000€ budget annually
- An extra day off on your birthday!
- Three paid "charity days" a year to volunteer for a cause of your choosing
- Subscription to Headspace, a meditation and mindfulness app
- About five weeks of vacation
- Selection of health, sport, and commuting benefits
Nosto Supports Workplace Diversity
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.